PLEASE VISIT THE "LABEL" SECTION ON THE RIGHT TO GET STARTED! Make sure to look at the "An Introduction to My Blog" Label first. Once you've read that, feel free to select the label that you want to see!
Sunday, 17 June 2012
Full Name: Dara Grace Torres Nationality: United States of America Born: April 15, 1967 Birthplace: Beverly Hills, California
Specialties: Freestyle, Butterfly Height: 5'11”
- Has won 12 Olympic Medals (4 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Bronze)
- Has competed in 5 Olympic Games
- Has set 3 World Records in the Women’s Long Course 50m
- Has won at least one medal in each of the 5 Olympic
Games that she attended
- Is the oldest swimmer ever to earn a spot on the U.S.
- On August 1, 2007, at age 40 (just 15 months after
giving birth to her first child), she won gold in the 100-meter freestyle at
the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, her 14th national championship. On August
4, she broke her own American record in the 50-meter freestyle, 26 years after
she first set the American record at just 15 years old
-Torres, at age 45, aims to qualify for the 2012 London
Dara Torres, at the moment, is the veteran swimmer of the world. She is currently aiming to
qualify for her 6th Olympic Games at age 45, after giving birth to a
child 6 years ago. After having won at least one medal at all five Olympic
Games that she has attended, it will be interesting to see what this Super-Mom
can do this year.